AHRI Low-GWP AREP Conference
Date: January 16, 2014
Join us in New York City before the ASHRAE Winter Conference to learn about the results of the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) Low-Global Warming Potential Alternative Refrigerants Evaluation Program (Low-GWP AREP). This industry-wide cooperative research program will identify and evaluate promising alternative refrigerants for major product categories, including air conditioners, heat pumps, chillers, ice makers, and refrigeration equipment. The testing will conclude this year and results will be presented at the conference. Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), national laboratories, and universities will share detailed information and test results from the program. The conference also will serve as a forum for the test entities to share their experiences from the program and discuss technical challenges and future research needs.
Register for the event.
The single-day conference will take place at the New York Hilton Midtown, 1335 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10019, Tel. 212-586-7000, the site of the ASHRAE Winter Conference. Located in the heart of Midtown, the hotel is close to many of New York City’s major attractions, including Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, the Museum of Modern Art, Fifth Avenue and Park Avenue shopping, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, the Theatre District, and Times Square. La Guardia, JFK, and Newark Liberty airports are a short ride away, as are Grand Central Terminal, Penn Station, and the Port Authority. Taxi fares from the airports range $30-$50 one way, depending on the airport, and the airport shuttle is $20-$30 one way.
To make a reservation at the AHRI group rate of $205 Single and $225 Double, plus taxes, click on the "Hotel Information" tab above.
When: Thursday, January 16, 2014
$200 Before November 1, 2013
$300 On or after November 1, 2013
The registration fee covers attendance at all technical sessions, continental breakfast, and lunch.
* Tentative Schedule (subject to change):
7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Registration
7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. Continental Breakfast
8:00 a.m. - 8:15 a.m. Chairman's Opening Remarks
8:15 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. Air Conditioning and Heat Pump - Session I
- System Drop-in and Soft-optimized Tests of R-410A Alternative Refrigerants R-32 and R-1234yf in a Heat Pump [presented by: Lennox Industries Inc.]
- System Drop-in and Soft-optimized Tests of R-410A Alternative Refrigerants D2Y60, L-41a, and R-32 in a Heat Pump [presented by: University of Maryland]
- System Drop-in Tests of R-410A Alternative Refrigerants ARM-70a, DR-5, L-41a, L-41b, and R-32 in a Heat Pump [presented by: United Technology-Carrier Corporation]
9:15 a.m. - 9:25 a.m. Break
9:25 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Compressors
- Low GWP Refrigerant Compressor Testing – Refrigeration and Air Conditioning [presented by: Emerson Climate Technologies Inc.]
- R-404A Alternative Lower GWP Refrigerants Performance in Existing Compressors [presented by: Oak Ridge National Laboratory]
- Compressor Calorimeter Tests of Low-GWP Refrigerants [presented by: Tecumseh Products Company]
- Compressor Calorimeter Tests of Low GWP Refrigerants to Replace R404A in Low Temperature Applications in Fractional Power Hermetic Compressors [presented by: Embraco]
10:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Break
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Refrigeration Equipment
- System Drop-in Test of R-404A and R-410A with Alternate Refrigerants L40, N40b, and L41a in a Commercial Automatic Ice Maker [presented by: Manitowoc Ice Inc.]
- System Drop-in Tests of R-404A Alternative Refrigerants ARM-30a, DR-7, and L-40 in a Trailer Refrigeration Unit [presented by: Ingersoll-Rand/Thermo King Corporation]
- System Drop-in Tests of R-134a Alternative Refrigerants N-13a, XP-10, R-1234yf, and R-1234ze(E) in a Commercial Bottle Cooler/Freezer [presented by: Hussmann Corporation]
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Air Conditioning and Heat Pump - Session II
- System Soft-optimized Tests of R-410A Alternative Refrigerant R-32 in a Heat Pump [presented by: Goodman Manufacturing]
- R-410A Alternative Lower GWP Refrigerants Drop in Testing: System and Components [presented by: Oak Ridge National Laboratory]
- System Drop-in Tests of R-410A Alternative Refrigerant R32 in a Variable Refrigerant Flow Multi-Split Heat Pump [presented by: Daikin Industries, Ltd.]
2:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. Break
2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. Water Chillers
- System Drop-in Tests of R134a Alternative Refrigerants D4Y, N-13b, and R-1234ze(E) in a Air-cooled Screw Chiller and a Water-cooled Centrifugal Chiller [presented by: Daikin McQuay]
- System Drop-in Tests of R-410A, R-22, and R134a Alternative Refrigerants in Chillers [presented by: Ingersoll-Rand/Trane]
- System Drop-in Tests of R-134a Alternative Refrigerants ARM-42a and R-1234ze(E) in a Air-cooled Screw Chiller and a Water-cooled Centrifugal Chiller [presented by: Johnson Controls Inc.]
3:15 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Break
3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Air Conditioning and Heat Pump - Session III
- System Drop-in Tests of R-410A Alternative Refrigerants ARM-70a and DR-5 in an Air to Water Heat Pump [presented by: CEP Mines PARISTECH]
- System Drop-in Tests of R407C and R134a Alternative Refrigerants AC-5, D52Y, L-20, and N-13a in a Bus Air-Conditioning Unit [presented by: Ingersoll-Rand/Thermo King Corporation]
- Summary of Low-GWP AREP System Drop-in Tests of R-410A/R-22 Alternative Refrigerants [presented by: Ingersoll-Rand/Trane]
4:30 p.m. - 4:45 p.m. Closing Remarks
Registration Cancellation: Cancellations will incur a $50 administrative fee. Refunds will be provided, less the $50 fee, if AHRI receives notice of cancellation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 22, 2013. After December 22, 2013, no refunds will be given. Attendee substitutions will be allowed. Contact Brittany Buchanan at email@example.com.